This article will show you the steps and settings to make a clean and modern styled popup using Convert Pro plugin.
First, install and activate the WordPress Convert Pro plugin from Brainstorm Force.
- Click the Convert Pro button in WordPress admin
- Click the Create New button
Select the Modal Popup
Select the blank template and name it “Newsletter Signup Popup”
Add These Design Elements
- Insert a heading that says “Subscribe for News & Updates”
- Insert a subheading that says “Get our latest articles sent right to your inbox”
- Insert an email form field
- Insert a Signup button
- Insert paragraph text that reads “We’ll never share your email address. Unsubscribe any time.”
- Close Image in the upper right corner.
Under the Panel section make the following settings:
- Size: Width 600, Height 400
- Background: Color white
- Overlay: Color grey at 50% transparent. Close on Overlay Click set to Yes.
- Animation: Effect Fade in & Scale
- Border Color: use a logo or website primary color. Set Border Width to 40. Set rounded corners to 5.
- Shadow Effect: none
- Credit Link: make color fully transparent so you don’t see it.
Under the Configure section turn on Exit Intent
Set Cookie History:
1. Click on Cookies
2. Choose 1 day under “Hide for ‘X’ number of days after closing.
- Connect to MailChimp Integration
- Choose the MailChimp List
- Leave Double Opt-in unchecked
Click the Save button and make Published is turned on.
All finished. To check to make sure it’s working open a Google Chrome tab Incognito. Move the mouse cursor down into the content of the page, then move the cursor to the close tab button. The popup should appear.